AsanaUP is a 6-month apprenticeship (within a 2 year APM rotation) program that provides a pathway to entry-level Product Management (PM) roles at Asana for individuals with non-traditional PM backgrounds.
Our program equips individuals with industry experience in Product Management with an emphasis on mentorship and feedback.
We’ve designed this workshop to give a boost to students who identify with historically underrepresented groups in tech as they launch their Product Management career. We'll prepare participants a peak into the day in the life of a PM at Asana & create an opportunity for participants to ask questions directly to our PM team members & AsanaUP APM Alumni.
Our Product team will cover:
- An overview of Asana and the AsanaUP program
- Insight into the Asana PM interviewing process
- The types of questions you can expect to see at PM interviews everywhere
- Personal insights on interviewing from current PMs
- Interactive breakout sessions running through a sample question
After this event you will walk away with:
You Should Attend if You:
- Identify with a historically underrepresented group in technology
You have a non-traditional Product Management background and face barriers of entry into the tech industry, including but not limited to: no prior experience in tech, no prior experience in Product Management, you do not hold a product related degree
You have proactive experience thinking about how to create great products/experiences for people via a product management bootcamp, a product-focused side project like building an app, being a student entrepreneur, being self taught in product management, or the equivalent
- Are excited to learn, whether from your peers and mentors, or from independent research
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Desire to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Are located near San Francisco, CA or New York City, NY
Please only register if you know you will be able to attend as we will have a limited amount of space
To ensure close collaboration, we will be asking all workshop participants to engage with cameras on.